All First Round attendees, speakers, sponsors, and volunteers at our events are required to agree with the following code of conduct. Organizers will enforce this code throughout the event. In ten years of hosting conferences we have never had any issues and we expect this to continue to be the trend thanks to our trusted community but we still expect cooperation from all participants to help ensure a safe environment for everybody.
First Round is dedicated to providing a harassment-free conference experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age or religion, and preference of serif or sans serif fonts. We do not tolerate harassment of conference participants in any form. Sexual language and imagery is not appropriate for any conference venue, including talks. Conference participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the conference without a refund at the discretion of the conference organizers.
Harassment includes, but is not limited to:
– Verbal comments that reinforce social structures of domination related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion, and/or political party preferences.
– Sexual images in public spaces.
– Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following.
– Harassing photography or recording.
– Sustained disruption of talks or other events.
– Inappropriate physical contact.
– Unwelcome sexual attention.
– Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior.
Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately. If a participant engages in harassing behavior, event organizers retain the right to take any actions to keep the event a welcoming environment for all participants. This includes warning the offender or expulsion from the conference with no refund.
If someone makes you or anyone else feel unsafe or unwelcome, please report it as soon as possible to a conference staff/volunteer or organizer.
This anti-harassment policy is based on the example policy from the Geek Feminism wiki, created by the Ada Initiative and other volunteers.